Any users of the iLet Pump here

Hi ALL,

I read the 2025 posts threads on the iLet…can users of this pump give me some updated experience feedback on it. I’ve decided to switch so I can be more automated. I should get it in about 10 days. I am more than eager - it can’t be any worse than what i’ve been going through on the Tslim for almost 6 years…tandem is a great pump, but a bit too slow for my sensitive trends. I like the feature on the iLet that it gives the basal micro dose every 5 minutes vrs the T Slim dosing every hour. I’ve never found the sweet spot with my correction factor on the Tslim…IQ seems way too slow for me.

my A1c goes up more than it goes down. I’d rather be a hands off person - but trying to manage changing trends has prompted me to take some charge over the settings which has been frustrating to no end. Maybe this is burnout - a 10 year later emotion to finally accept this is what it is…hopefully this will work out and i’ll feel a bit liberated from carb counting that never works the way it should for me or figuring out treatment decisions from body variables that I have no idea what’s going on.

Thanks. M

1 Like

I started in January and an loving it. Personally I was happy to give up some of the thought process that goes with other pumps, even with a loop. I sometimes have issues with lows but it’s generally because I mis-announce a meal, or if I forget to announce and go high and it corrects more than necessary although it is learning. When I have issues I contact my trainer rather than my Endo - some of the learning is counterintuitive and I’m my doctor’s first patient using the device. My trainer has been fantastic when it comes to answering questions and helping find solutions. My a1cs were typically about 7.2 - my first one after the iLet was 6.5! I do check my carbs to make sure I’m announcing them correctly but just this morning I announced breakfast as average then realized I had forgotten to include something - but the added food still fell within what was average for me so I didn’t need to do anything! They’ll discuss announcing in training. I really love it, but it did have a 30 day(?) trial period which of course is invaluable.

THANK YOU Dorie, glad it’s working out. I’m also committed to the entire process to the letter…will probably be sharing next month how my initial start up phase goes.

My pleasure! Is more challenging for a TypeA diabetic who wants to manage things closely on their own. I’m a TypeB and was happy to let go of some things. Sticking with the “rules” - counterintuitive as they may seem - is key. BTW you can set your therapy option in the settings. It defaults to 120 but you can set it for 110 or 130 if you wish. You should wait until the system has learned your body and loop on your trainer as I got opposite results from what I was hoping for. Some things are counterintuitive until you’re used to the system.

thanks Dorie,

I’m a type 1 d want all hands off…it’s not been my desire to micro manage my Tandem pump but I am diligent about wanting a lower A1c…and not bouncing all over the place with different settings that almost never work for me. Going on 5.5 years with a tandem - great device but I need liberation…lol…I could have done this over a year ago, but chickened out…I realized having 3.5 years more till a renew on tandem - NO THanks and willing to go through the process for the long haul. I understand that 2 years or so the bi-hormonal will be out…my first Endo told me to keep an eye out for this one. it was her recommendation then that I try to get on the iLet but that was before it hit the market so I ended up with Tandem. again, not a bad device but i like the idea of every 5 minute basal dose…will keep you posted and thanks for the advice. M

Someone replied to your post.

| wadawabbit Dorie Member with T1D
September 12 |

  • | - |

My pleasure! Is more challenging for a TypeA diabetic who wants to manage things closely on their own. I’m a TypeB and was happy to let go of some things. Sticking with the “rules” - counterintuitive as they may seem - is key. BTW you can set your therapy option in the settings. It defaults to 120 but you can set it for 110 or 130 if you wish. You should wait until the system has learned your body and loop on your trainer as I got opposite results from what I was hoping for. Some things are counterintuitive until you’re used to the system.

BTW @Disco2, after 30 years on a pump I finally got up the nerve to try steel sets! They were actually quite comfortable but I got occlusions with 2 of the first 3 and decided they weren’t for me. I’ll be happy to send you the rest of my box plus adapters free but would appreciate postage. PM your address if interested.

@moderators can you or tech support help a sister out​:blush:? Usually when I’m writing my post my cursor is oversized and not in line with what I’m typing. Backspacing is fine but it’s impossible to make a change in the middle of a paragraph or sentence. This is the only site where I have the problem so I don’t think it’s my browser. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

you can email me direct to hopefully you read my reply with my address? sounds like you are having format issues. sorry not sure how to navigate that on this forum.

Someone replied to your post.

| wadawabbit Dorie Member with T1D
September 13 |

  • | - |

@moderators can you or tech support help a sister out​:blush:? Usually when I’m writing my post my cursor is oversized and not in line with what I’m typing. Backspacing is fine but it’s impossible to make a change in the middle of a paragraph or sentence. This is the only site where I have the problem so I don’t think it’s my browser. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_2341

Hi @Disco2 a couple things first: I edited your reply because I wanted you to know that this forum is public. If you type your email or phone number, Google and the rest of the planet can see it. I can set up a private chat (you can also private) to Dorie.

Next is the format thing- @wadawabbit I don’t know who’s browser you are using and what operating system you are using but there are definitely a couple formatting bugs here. The window I am typing in (iPhone, safari, latest iOS) is working fine. So it could be a discourse bug or it could be a local conflict (like large text for example) as well. Happy to try to help if I can. -Joe. (I’m putting a screen shot below with my screen).

1 Like

thanks - and this format is chunky and not clear to me - i can’t figure out how to pm.

Mary, to PM, click om the user’s icon/picture and an information box will open. At the upper right there is a MESSAGE Tab. click that and a window will open for your private message.

You will notice a flag on your picture icon at the top right; that indicates that I [or someone] has sent you a PM.

thanks Dennis, I think I did it…

Someone replied to your post.

| Dennis Member with T1D
September 16 |

  • | - |

Mary, to PM, click om the user’s icon/picture and an information box will open. At the upper right there is a MESSAGE Tab. click that and a window will open for your private message.

You will notice a flag on your picture icon at the top right; that indicates that I [or someone] has sent you a PM.

1 Like

@Disco2 I would love to hear how your training goes/went if you would like to share! How do you like the steel sets? I hope they worked out for you.

Thanks! It should ship tomorrow Monday, then a local trainer will call me, it’s taking longer than expected but I’ll get there. Will check in after I’m all trained up and running….

Can’t wait to hear back! BTW, it does not have a USB port and only uses a cordless charger - and the one they send is very flat and easy to lose track of. I was told I could use other magnetic chargers but it tends to slide off of them so I requested an extra one and they sent it.

I don’t use the ilet but I heard big news from Beta Bionics, hope you don’t mind me chiming in…
Eversense 365 CGM integration expected by the end of 2026 Press Release
Mint patch pump receives FDA approval, expected early 2027 Press Release
that second link also mentions an updated algorithm

Thank you! Yesterday it finally got 100% signatures by my doctor. It ships out today then I wait for the training….

I hope you will love it! Since I was simply switching pumps I did my training via Zoom and as far as functionality it consisted of showing me how to set the date and time and enter my weight and that was about it! No basal rates or carb ratios to program. It will take a few days for the pump to learn your body’s patterns and what count as average meals, and you might experience some highs and lows in the process. It works beautifully once everything is figured out. I’m not going to say it’s perfect but I find if I experience lows now it’s because I announced a meal incorrectly. As I mentioned above there is an option to change your target but if you’re going to consider doing that talk with your trainer first - or your doctor if they’ve gone through training.