Impending doom

I feel my body rotting almost I feel like my auto immune disorders are gonna kill me sooner than without them, they’ve left me so much trauma from hospital trips and pain, Im thinking about ending it to be honest id rather go out on my own terms no one cares if a grain of sand goes missing on a beach yk

Hi @Loser Blake. Living with diabetes - or any autoimmune disorder - is difficult, and it’s not at all unusual for people to seek mental health support.
Please call 988 to speak with someone right away. You matter.

Blake @Loser , please call 988 soon on any telephone.
This is a referral to caring experts in your area with whom you can speak.

Yes, diabetes and other autoimmune diseases are horrible but are not doom - I’ve lived with diabetes for 67 years and other autoimmune conditions

hi Blake (@Loser)

there is no doubt that an illness is trauma and it can cause a lot of emotional disturbances. I have had my share of sadness and despair. Profound loss can cause this as well as clinical depression.

I can’t make what you are feeling go away and I have no magic words but what I can tell you is that no person on this earth can see the whole picture, we can see only one narrow (by comparison) view point. Please consider calling:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Call 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line Text “4HOPE” to 741-74

Joe

Hi Blake (@Loser ) I am glad you reached out. Thank you so much for sharing that–it had to be very difficult. I know diabetes can be incredibly tough, and It sounds like you might be having some strong feelings of self-harm. JDRF does not offer trained medical assistance, and I’m suggesting you get some help immediately. Please reach out to one of these resources:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
○ Call 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)
○ Call or text 988

American Diabetes Association Online Mental Health Directory can help you find a mental health provider with experience working with people who live with diabetes. (https://my.diabetes.org/health-directory)

Please stay in touch and talk this through with others who have been there. You are not alone.

Oh my goodness, Blake! @Loser I get it. When the hospital finally let me go home, my arms were so horribly bruised and painful! I joked with my mom that I looked like a recovering junkie. But you are meant to be here in this world at this time. You are unique. There will never be anyone else like you. Ever. You can do this. Reach out and get help. Darkness doesn’t last forever.

@Loser please write back and let us know you read the posts. People here care and are concerned about you.

Blake,
First of all you are not a loser, unless we all are, in which case you are living amongst a bunch of losers so that just makes you one of us. I am not a t1d, but my son is, & I remember him having a couple years of this in middle school. That was scary. Please know you are not alone. I don’t know how long you have been a t1d, but the beginning couple years are very hard. I think dirt biking became my son’s outlet. If you can find something (preferably something that gets your heart rate up, or that takes your mind completely off of your t1d), that would probably help a lot. An escape from reality is so helpful. (not drugs though). I myself have also had several episodes of depression, sometimes over my son’t t1d. There are easier days, & find something to make you happy. It will help. Please let us know how you are doing. I am not a professional but i have been there please feel free to reach out I am not so good @ checking this, but I d check my email every day. anghella.fletcher@gmail.com(Angela)

2 Likes