T1D Free Healthcare Support

I found a video from bluecirclehealth.org who provides free diabetes healthcare for those in need. They offer clinical, education and support for 3-6month period. Their eligibility criteria is:

• only diagnosed T1D
  • 18 years or older
  • English and Spanish language
  • ability to connect and participate via virtual care
  • must have a PCP or are willing to be connected to one
  • Florida residents (but expecting to expand in 2024)

Those interested can contact them at:
Info@bluecirclehealth.org
Or
Monica Gomberg, VP Clinical Care - Endocrinologist
Mgomberg@bluecirclehealth.org

This video was promoted by the Beyond Type 1 app.

2 Likes

How many of us would’ve had a small business if we were insurable? How many young entrepreneurs were swallowed up by corporate group plans only because we had to find insurance for ourselves And our families. universal healthcare would set the economy free. The amount of cash flow in small communities would be impacted if the uninsurable were insured by a universal plan. I for one had to give up a small business because of these very details. I hated looking for work and asking someone, I didn’t know if they’d hire me. It was uncomfortable and I knew I was better. We as a group should be a coalesced Voice supporting universal healthcare for all.

When I worked for “big corporate America” I had life insurance, which was a blessing. Unfortunately I did not have the wisdom or foresight to COBRA my policy when I was downsized. I have coverage but it’s not nearly as much. Wish I had planned better…

Hi Dori, thanks for your comment. Affordable life insurance for us is also an impossibility. Without our risk being diluted among a corporations population no insurance company would touch us. But the most frustrating thing for me was my inability to protect myself and my family. I never could. Again, thanks for writing.

Well Fergie @Fergie, here is one person who did just that. I worked as an actuarial research statistition at a significant life insurance company in Boston when I was laid off as part of “reduction in force” during the severe depression of the 1970s; unemployment rate in Boston at that time reached 24% with “finance” sector being heavily hit.

I spent about a month walking streets, visiting businesses before I realized I needed to change my line of work, so I began my own business providing what I could using my hands and back and provided full medical insurance for my family and life insurance for myself. Oh, and within a couple of years provided work for several other men.

And Dorie @wadawabbit, decades before COBRA, since FDR Days, all life and medical insurance policies have had the provisions for converting group coverage to individual policies. It was expensive, but I did that for my family. As a result, I, and later my family, have had continual insurance coverage since I joined the workforce in January 1960 to present; I set priorities.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis . I had the option to convert but did not.